Tuesday, June 1, 2010






This is what I got done on sunday.

Pic#1&2: More sanding, priming and bondo.

Pic#3: This is the coin door with a healthy dollop of Zip Strip on it. The stuff is nasty but it works. Funny how a little splatter can make so many painful little burns on your arm...

Pic#4 The control panel all cleaned. Karen and I tried everything we could think of to take off that layer of grime short of gasoline. It is what it is now. I will still be fixing the ripped black portions, that will be a project in and of it itself.

Pics# 5&6: The coin doors in various stages of stripping. I have since hand hammered out the dented parts ( you can't really see the dented parts, they are on the sides of the doors next to the lock holes. They were both forced open at some point.) primed them and painted with a black hammered finish spray paint. A few more coats and it will look like it did when it was new, texture and all.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment