Saturday, June 12, 2010

More progress today






Starting to get somewhere now.

Pic#1: The coin doors are finished. After what seemed like a hundred coats of hammered finish paint and about 50 coats of high gloss black I think these doors came out good.

Pic#2&3: The cabinet is slowly coming along now. I layed on a coat of semi gloss black to make it easier for me to see my poor bondo skills. It will be much simpler now to identify problem spots and fix them. There are many problem areas. A good sanding, final bondo patches applied, sanded, another coat of black then a final wet sand and a coat of black. Taking my time with this but it will be worth it.


Pic#4 The control panel. I've cut some of the loose vinyl away and filled in the open spots with bondo. After many sandings I am going to mask the SNK letters and repaint the entire bottom half of the control panel by hand, palm trees and all. I'm currently testing different black paints to get the right look for this. This part is going to be time intensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment