



Today I am starting to see some of my sanding and bondo work paying off.
Pic#1: This doesn't look pretty at all but trust me it was nice and smooth. This was the first coat all done and ready for the next coat.
Pic#2: The cab had one of those dual light bulb setups. Now I may be wrong but I thought a fluorescent fixture would have been used originally and should be used now. So I tore it out, went to Home Depot and picked up a 10 dollar under cab light, wired it in and now it's ready to go. I just think it will look nicer for a back light to the marquee than a 60 watt light bulb.
Pic#3: The cab with the second coat of paint. Many imperfections still but now it's looking like something. Going with a latex semigloss. It's thin stuff so I will give it several coats.
Pic#4: Here is the control panel all taped off. Once I get the front area smoothed out I will spray it with a rustoleum satin black. It's the best paint for the job. After I get the bottom part sprayed I'll remove the tape and start painting the palm trees with a brush using the same paint, I'll spray it into a baby food jar. I'm cautiously happy with how it's turning out so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment